"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

10/05/2010

Courtyard Music

Another small prayer answered.

This evening I was sprawled on the bed, lacking any real motivation to do anything beyond throw myself a little pity party. It's not a usual occurrence for me, this "seeing the dark in every picture" deal. And during this time, the Holy Ghost was whispering, "listen to some music. Listen to music. It's what you need to be strong again." I knew it was right with some intuitive part of my spirit, yet, I ignored it. It was far too much effort to reach over and turn on the music. "Why not just lie here in your misery,"another voice whispered, and being in the state I was, I did not recognize the voice of the adversary for what it was. I heeded the second voice.

Yet in my heart, I still cried out. Some part of me wanted to break free and see the light and love of the world again.

And He heard.

Not even a few minutes later, I heard some noise coming from my window. At first, I turned away and tried to ignore it, for often there are loud partiers in the courtyard. But something in me woke up and I turned back around to hear. The noise was quiet, but there was something about it that lightened my heart. As the spell was unraveled, I woke from my dreary non-rest and heard the very song the Holy Ghost had asked me to listen to earlier.

Someone, I don't know who, was playing the guitar and singing in the courtyard. How she knew what song to play, I'm not sure. But that my prayer was answered despite my own weakness...that I am sure about.

I was sitting up by the end of the song and she had gone by the time I was up. Made me think He had sent an angel to sing, just for me in that one moment. And for that I am grateful.