"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

9/02/2010

Moving Again

It has come to the point that logic must overcome stubborn instincts of stability.

When I first moved into the Olive house, there were only two problems. And those were the facts that it takes a day for the bathroom sink to drain and we can't lock our front door.

But just a few days ago, I had to admit that now, the problems have overrun the profits.

It started with our downstairs neighbors, who get arrested or fined regularly for drugs, sexual assaults, and most especially noise. You see, that's a problem since I've gotta practice music for school and have to sleep for functionality, but can't since they party too loud and at every hour of the day and night. And if one complains about it, they turn it down for one or two songs and then it's back to the foot massage. Also a problem because since we can't lock our door, stuff gets stolen from the fridge and guests barge into our house drunk. Still, we can handle it somewhat.

Next came the sinks. Long story short, the kitchen one and bathroom one don't work at all and our land lord said, "Ugh. I'm tired of this. Just Drano it every day if you want to use it." Been doing dishes in a bucket and pouring the water down the sink, since the tub's half clogged too.

Then our landlord gave us two days notice before raising the rent $50 each. Not legal. And not right, since he will not do the stuff in his contract. (We're still waiting for a window to replace the hole in the stairwell so that hail doesn't bounce in the house every time.)

Amy, Michael and I are moving out here soon. Not together, since they are looking into buying a house. I just found a place that sounds good. Not the sort of place that I'd call permanent, but definitely a better fit than the others I've found.

It's really kinda nice to move, though. Gives me extra incentive to get rid of stuff I don't need. Which though I don't packrat, I still manage to find something that I can get rid of.