"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

11/04/2010

Illogical Happiness

It’s strange. And in a good way.

I guess I was given peace or perspective or something.

It feels as though I have all the reasons to be stressed. I’m running around like crazy and not quite sure I’m going to make it on a lot of accounts. I don’t get to sleep much and still there’s so much I can’t get done.

I should be panicking, but somehow, I’m not. I get it, though. I get the fact of what depends on these upcoming exams. And yet… I just feel at peace. I feel happy, though I’m not sure why.

There are a lot of things to be happy about. I’ve always had the gift of optimism, but nothing that has really changed since last week.

I just don’t get emotions, I guess. Somehow I think everything has to be in the realms of purely logical. Kind of funny when I don’t expect everything to be understood by the spirit or by the emotions. I need to look at that imbalance.

Still, for right now, I don’t mind the peace I’m receiving so freely and am perfectly content to indulge the urge to smile at the changing leaves while furiously fighting my workload.