"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

10/24/2013

Swing Dancing Practice

Dancing is just part of the culture back in Bozeman. I didn't really realize that until I came here in a small corner of Newfoundland and started Swing Dancing at a party where no one really knew what I was doing. It's spiraled since then and now there are quite a few of us crazies that dance in the hall, on the street, in the atrium, in the rain, with or without music.

This Saturday is the performance that got this whole thing started and I'm very excited. Two weeks ago none of them knew what Swing was. Now they are ballroom dancing beautifully. We danced in the rain and then in the atrium tonight and at the end, I asked Aaron to take some pictures. He did an amazing job and it caught some of those wonderful memories.

I'm still wondering at being able to dance once more and not being afraid of people so much. It's nice, this having pleasant aquaintanceship thing. :)