"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

2/11/2011

An L.E.P.

Wednesday night one of my friends brought up something that made me smile. A lot has changed in my life over the past few months. (In fact, I barely feel I can call it the same life anymore with the transformation that's been going on lately.)

After a bit of talk, she said something like, "I don't know how to put this, but you're such a light-emitting person, Jenny."

I liked that thought in the context of my electronics background because it was just like an LED (light emitting diode). A light emitting person... "L-E-P."

The analogy that started coming to my head was also one I liked. You put an LED into a circuit and the power comes from elsewhere. But when that power comes, the LED lights up (often really bright).
As opposed to say, the resistor which takes the current it receives and often changes it into heat.
Or the capacitor which goes one step further and stores up all the energy it can get for later use.
Or even better, the integrated circuit that can take that power and create something from it.

But I feel like I've been changed into an LED. And so for her to call me an LEP...yes, that makes me smile because it feels right for me to be a light emitting person. Things are finally feeling right.

And if the power source is God, then I'd say the power we get through the circuit is Love.