"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

1/05/2011

Miracle

Well, here's the story on the retinal hemorrhage.

It was kinda funny. When the doctor asked if the blind spot had changed, I explained, "It was stable until today, but just a few hours ago the blind spot became see through and hardly visible. Even now I can barely find it and I've been seeing this thing constantly for over a week."

She was a bit confused at that and said, "Okay. Let's have a look. Usually, even if it was the kind that just absorbs back with no complications, it would take over a month to be nearly gone."

The eye doctor started tests and I watched as her expression gradually changed from doubt to surprise and then confusion. After completing the routine, she stood back, perplexed and said, "Well, I'm really glad we took a picture of it last time because without that I wouldn't have even known where to look. And even knowing where to look, I could only barely find it. Only the last traces of blood are there in the smallest quantities. I guess you've had some people praying for you because I don't know what to tell you."

She pointed at my charts, "The blood work's great. No diabetes, plenty of good stuff." She gestured back to me. "And no bad effects from the reabsorption back into the eye. In fact, we couldn't laser it out now if we wanted to, since it's hardly even there." She shook her head and checked again to be sure, but the results were the same.

I did pray that Heavenly Father would send the comforting side while I was at the doctors, but that I'd take what ever He felt was right for me to learn. And it was soon after that I noticed it was almost gone.

It is a miracle. There's nothing else to it. And I know who to thank for that one.