"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

8/25/2010

Winter Garden


Finally have a portable, readily available source of winter cheer.

I was cleaning up our stairwell area and decorating the shelf thing that sits in the corner. If you know me, it's not too surprising to hear that some of the first things out there were plants. Hanging plants, green plants, brown plants, you name it.

Then I put out a picture and a cool little champagne bottle I have for decoration, yet it didn't quite fit the pattern. I rearranged things, but I kept wanting something more...useful, I suppose. Grabbing some dirt and 2 snow pea seeds, I made the bottle into a planter.

I wasn't quite sure about it, but sure enough the peas are sprouting and will be coming up over the top here soon. So, today, I'm sure you can guess what I did if you know the fact that my roommates drink a lot. That's right...I'm beginning to hoard beer bottles.

A few seeds from now, I'm going to do some tomatoes, basil, and possibly peppers.
That should help when we're deep within both the few feet of snow usually found in Montana winters and also finals. Something flourishing will hopefully help in some way. (I'll guess I'll find out when I pass with flying colors, right? ;)