"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

4/03/2011

Little, Amazing Things

There were several, little good/cool things that happened yesterday, so I figured I'd write so of them here.

Yesterday we had an all day coaching session for our chorus. It was also the first time Carol was at chorus since her leave of absence, so December. :) Boy, I had forgotten how much fun it is to have her there! It was just the little things too. Like at break, over the past few months I've usually sat in a corner and then after a while forced myself to get up and join the crowd. This time, I was pleasantly surprised when Carol came over to where I was to show me something and then we had a fun time talking.

Then there were those moments where I could share in something. How do I say this... Like when we were both outside and found it funny that there was a giant, fake spider in the grass, or shock that someone could possibly not have a DVD player, or interest in a new phone app... I guess it's friendship and though I didn't fully realize it until she was back, I sure missed it.

Another little thing was at lunch-time I went outside and played on the swings and ran around and played soccer with myself and laughed at the sky. Those sorts of things that I do when I'm free. One time, as I was in the process of creating a snowdog, I looked back at the school and thought, "I wonder if I'm supposed to act more like everyone else." The thought hadn't occurred to me before. But then the Holy Ghost brought up an idea into my head. It was something along the lines that I am created as I am and that person is good.

Sometimes I doubt that, though.

Oh, as a side note, it was really, really nice when I went back in from my outside adventures, I was talking to Carol and asked if she wanted to come out and see the snowdog. I was a little shocked at myself, since I didn't mean to ask. It just sort of came out.

Then later on that day as I was thinking about that cool concept that I was created to be exactly who I was that another neat thing came up. I specifically was thinking about my weaknesses and was wondering if those were a part of me. I tried remembering the scriptures about that He will make the small things great and use our weaknesses. Then, as if in answer to my thoughts, the coach told us a quote.
"If you think you don't have rhythm, put your hand over your heart."

I smiled. Rhythm was just one of the weaknesses I'd been thinking about and it felt like an answer. I know it's not what she said, but it reminded me better than anything else, that He will give me everything I need. All I need to do is trust Him.

Yesterday was full of little, amazing things like that.