"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

12/28/2010

Retinal Hemorrhage


Well, never a dull moment in this house. Here's what going on:

Went in today since I was seeing a purple dot in my field of vision. Like an after image, but lasting for days and not transparent.

After quite a lot of hours of testing, we found a hemorrhage in the retina of my left eye.

There's a few causes for something like that. One is high blood pressure, which got tested 5 different times by 5 different people. So it's not that. I went in for blood work to check if I have diabetes. I don't think I do, though.
So, if it doesn't grow, it's all good because it can just be lasered out, so that's what we're hoping for. If it grows, we'll just have to see. So far it's been stable since morning.

But sitting in all those offices gave me a lot of time to think about the senses we're given to experience life. And in turn a whole lot of gratitude towards God. Sight for one is an amazing thing and then I started thinking about hearing. Even just between those two, I'm really blessed.