"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

12/09/2010

Confirmation

So many things have happened this past week, in the realms of spiritual and emotional. But one of the things I should share is an e-mail I wrote last Sunday, describing what happened that afternoon.

"Today was amazing! I don't know if you felt it too, but as we were singing that one song... I can't remember which one because of what happened, but I remember the alleluias...
It's hard to describe, even now. But I felt Him like I never have before.

It was beyond words, that feeling of joy and light and happiness and love and rightness. I felt like He was right there inside me or beside me or everywhere, I wasn't sure maybe all, but He was there. Like I was filled with such emotions that it was more than I could take and all of them good. Or filled with light without a trace of darkness, so bright I could not bear it all in my body. I really can't describe it, perhaps it was love, but a love greater than any other.

I've felt promptings from the Spirit, some stronger than others, but that... It's the first time I felt Him there so strongly.

And the music. I always keep Him in mind and use the music to praise, but this time it really felt like it was a gift that I was giving to Him and that it was good. And that's all I wanted to do.

I took time to process it today and feel it out more and talk with Him... but even with all of that prayer, I'm still just in awe. It makes me wonder how someone that good could love someone like me, but at the same time there is no doubt in my mind that He does.

And that feeling was so strong! It felt like the whole place should have been on fire or filled with light..."

I still can't describe it, but the experience was more than I could have imagined and even though plenty of bad things are happening around me, I can bring up just a memory of that feeling and feel that sense of purpose and love again.