"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

3/27/2010

Meditative Exercises

Something clicked earlier today about the practice of Yoga.

I finally understood that Yoga one time or even a few times does little to no good because the real merit of Yoga lies not in the stretching or exercise.

The point lies in focusing your mind through a deep level connection (subconscious) with your body and its movements.

Once I really understood that, I applied the knowledge in an amusing way, at least to me. At work, I am at the point where I need to focus on my body very little and use the time to freely wander through what ever paths of my mind I wish to take.

So as I made beds and cleaned bathrooms, I focused my mind differently, uniting it with the body and I immediately felt peace and freeness of spirit.

Who ever knew housekeeping could become its own religion? ^_^