"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

3/25/2010

Freeing Mindset

Isn’t it amazing how the same things can be done with a different mindset and everything changes?

All I thought was, “Today, I am going to do everything I can to be closer to the person I want to become,” and poof, it was as if everything was different.

I am free today. Free and required to do what I want to do. And I’m finding that what I want to do ends up correlating oh so nicely with my future goals.

For example, I want to strengthen my spirit and body. So, I went on a long walk, seeing the leaves drifting down, spinning and catching the morning light. I listened to the bird song and raced a few dogs through the park.

I want to become more intelligent, always. There’s always so much I want to learn. So, big surprise I spent some time at the library and I must say, I fully enjoyed myself, The Tao of Physics being just one of my interesting finds.

I want to become emotionally stronger and hope to do the same for others, so my best friend, Jo-Anne, and I are scheduled for a Philosophical debate today.

Life is so amazing. I tried to love every moment of it and you know, I think every bit of amazement and love for the world I sent out, got sent right back. I keep having the hardest time not smiling at everything.