"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

12/08/2013

Another Couple Weeks in Newfoundland

So, much of these past few weeks have been studying for exams and stuff, but during that somehow I've been managing a lot of other more exciting stuff and Megan and I have become even closer friends.

Many of the best times are not pictured here. We've been having sleepovers of Physics, French and English. Every once in a while going out to explore the city, tutoring while watching the morning fog come off the ocean, dancing in the hallways, caroling to the elderly, making cookies and lots of amazing soups, making invitations and party favors and peanut butter molecule structures, singing around a Christmas tree as a school, learning spoons and strumstick and eyeing the ugly sticks, presenting our work from the telescope while eating donut holes...

Oh, and I got a special experience: When we went caroling, the leader asked if any of us wanted to do a solo. I thought about it, but decided to volunteer. It has been a long time since I sang like that. I was feeling homesick for Bozeman that day. I knew it was snowy back home and the Christmas Stroll was coming up, so I kept those images of home in mind as I sang. It was from the heart and I think they enjoyed it almost as much as I did. They went quiet and asked me up a few more times anyway. But it ended up helping me more. It gave me strength to think of home like that.