"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

9/10/2013

Western Brook Boat Tour

Phwew! Between just three of us we took hundreds of amazing pictures on the boat and that's not including the trigger-happy photographer.

It was amazing!! I love wild ocean weather!! It was a windy, cold afternoon and as we started out, waves began splashing the occupants of the back of the boat. It became apparent within minutes that I was the only one who was thrilled about this and proceeded to try and get as wet as I could without leaving the boat. Since the waves were tossing the boat around, I got to stick my arm in some of them as my side of the boat dipped down. Impressive in a rig that size.

When we got out in the fjord, the wind died and the sun cam out, which was amazing too as the clouds made patterns on the mountains and rainbows appeared in the boat spray.

Pictures here are taken by myself, Tyng Wen Tsu (Wendy), and Megan Trotman. (And some by Aaron Useche with my camera. His were taken by a good camera, but neither of us have the time to sort through those pictures yet.)