"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

9/06/2013

Cross-cultured Friends ;)

I've been feeling really blessed this past week. I've gotten to know a lot of people, and I even get along with most of them (as far as I can tell), but more amazing than that is the fact that I'm starting to gain good friends. It feels strange to say that in only a week, really. But time doesn't define a friendship only changes the level of it. We're all international students at Grenfell. Wendy is from Taiwan, Chloe is from Belize, Megan is from Barbados, and I'm from Montana.

Tonight we had dinner, drank tea, played Phase 10 with much teasing and laughter involved, and did each others hair. All the while singing bits of the music and asking questions about home life for the others. (Megan and Chloe live around monkeys!!! I think that's so exotic!)

It was a wonderful time and I'm very glad to have them all around me at this time away from home. It's so wonderful to love and be loved in return!