"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

8/14/2013

Flight and Detroit Area

I took a flight with a few transfers. Partially because it was cheaper, but honestly I love take off so much, I wanted to get it as many times as I could. In the airports, I forgot to take out my camera since I was too busy running up and down the escalators. Oh, and those walkways! I probably traveled several miles in the Dulles airport before my flight! In the sky, I took hundreds of pictures. God's so amazing! There's just something about that open sky that gets me longing for heaven.

My sister, Cindy, and I went to a tourist town called Hell, Michigan. The puns were rampant as you can imagine and we had a good time hanging out together. We then had a sleepover with our cousin Elizabeth where we played Bang! late and had breakfast early. I enjoyed the library there as well. Then, I spent some time in Farmington Hills with my grandma where we went (not second-hand) dress shopping. So if you see me in any dresses on the rest of this trip, that's thanks to my grandma.

Then we went up to Gladwin. I love all these deciduous trees! It gets me excited for autumn with all the changing leaves this year. I think I'm going to have to make a friend in Newfoundland with a big yard so that I can rake for them! Lots if I'm lucky!