"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

3/03/2014

Back Home

So, I've been back home for two months now. Life is rough, but even with craziness all over, I love being here and am happy much of the time.

I have been forgetting to take pictures since life is all just so exciting. And a lot of the best times have no pictures. I must admit being here and being able to call or see Carol has been amazing. I forgot how wise she can be and also how she always coaxes me to laugh. And I find myself talking her ear off once again. Also Emma's growing up and she's becoming a good friend.

I missed my bible study and having that support group right there. And I missed running down the halls of E-Free barefoot and singing loudly. I missed hiking and feeling the edges of sunburn and frostbite at the same time.

I forgot what it was like to have a music building and a physics building. I feel very much at home in both. Electronics, Holography, Gamelan, Choir, Composition, they're all so fun. I've been making friends and rediscovering old ones.

Life still gets me, but you know, God's got me covered and He finds ways to remind me when I need that reminder. Many times I feel very alone, but usually that when I can hear Christ walking with me. And many times I feel very small, weak, tired, and unworthy of love. But that's often when God reminds me Who made all of creation and Who loves me even though He knows better than I do, who I am and all that comes with that.

So, here are a bunch of pictures. I don't really have time to scale them down right now, but here they are.