"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

7/24/2013

My Last Days in Bozeman (for a time)

So, the long journey toward Newfoundland has begun. Many good friends wished to read about the adventures and see the pictures as I go and stay there. In order to level the playing field between my Facebook friends and my non-Facebook friends, the intended majority of those adventures represented visually will be on this Blog.

I think of my home as Bozeman, Montana  It's the first place I connected with people, it's where I became born-again, and it's where I learned to have a sense of belonging and pride related to where you live. As such, this has been a hard time for me to admit to myself that for 5 months I won't see the sun rise above the Bridgers, feed the ducks on my way to the music building, or hike. drink tea, and talk theology with the close friends I've made here.

Nonetheless, this is a good thing and reminds me forcefully that God's with me wherever I am.

This post is for when I get homesick overseas of some highlights of these last few weeks. Hopefully it will serve as a reminder of the love I've learned here in the mountains of Montana and to share that love with others as my friends have to me. :)

(Any pictures can be viewed larger by clicking on them.)