"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

7/28/2013

Down in Pocatello

I just realized that Pocatello, Idaho is the most southern stop on my journeys this summer. It has been a time of trials and refinement, but there were pleasant things in this time too.

It started out with having ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens) Surgery to correct my vision. The surgery went well and I am now without glasses!! Not only that, but my vision is actually better than when I did have glasses. I can see all sorts of stuff like leaves and stars and grass blades that I never really thought about before.

As a cool reprieve, I did plenty of musical stuff while I was here with 3 groups willing to let a flute player learn to play by ear until she could see. They were understanding and also correcting with love, so now I don't feel so apprehensive about jumping in with any group.

My Dad's birthday was on the day we took family pictures. It was all the chaos you would expect from an extended family picture session, but in the end we got some good pictures worth keeping.