"If the map doesn't agree with the ground, the map is wrong." --Gordon Livingston

8/26/2011

Everything

What I first saw as a betrayal, as one of the worst things that could have ended up happening, ended up being the best thing that could have ever happened to me at such a pivotal point in my life. Romans 10:28-29 basically. God uses everything for our good and that good is to make us like Christ.

I couldn't see that a few months ago when it felt like my world was crashing down. But now I see. He gave me the tools before hand to ask for help. And in getting that help, I've learned so much spiritually that I don't think I could have otherwise learned so quickly. Through all of these difficult times, my relationship with God has deepened more than I thought possible.

The more I know, the more I love Him. And the more I come to love Him, the more I feel His love for me.

When this happened, I cursed God. I hated what happened and I hated myself. I asked, "Why now? Why would you let this happen? What did I do wrong?"

He has been so patient with me, leading me down the path I really wanted while I fought Him every step of the way.

And now I understand a little clearer that when God says "everything" that's really what it is. Everything.